This event is for original vehicles.
To assist with the smooth running of the event on the day, the following Rules and Conditions have been established.
2020 Bay to Birdwood eligibility
Historic vehicles of all types built before 31 December 1989 are eligible to take part.
Bay to Birdwood rules
- All motor vehicles must be roadworthy in Australia and of an acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Organisers.
- The onus of proof of date of manufacture is the entrant’s responsibility. If required by the Organisers such proof must be substantiated and be supported by a Statutory Declaration. In the event of false information being supplied the vehicle and entrant will be disqualified from the event and all entry fees forfeited.
- All motor vehicles must be registered or on permit including trade plates.
- All motor vehicles must be driven/ridden by a licensed driver/rider who shall comply with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1959, as amended.
- Trailering or towing of any entrant vehicle from the Start to the Finish will result in disqualification. In circumstances such as breakdown, it will be acceptable for the vehicle to be brought to the Finish but it will not be considered to have completed the Bay to Birdwood.
- All entrants will observe the current road laws and speed limits along the route, in particular, those rules referring to the correct carriage of passengers and the wearing of approved motorcycle safety helmets.
- Entrants and passengers are subject to the directions and control of the Organisers of the event, their agents and authorised officers.
- Entries are limited to 1750 vehicles. Should this number be reached at any time leading up to the event, entries will be closed.
- Payment of entry fees shall be made with a bank card at the commencement of the online registration process. Any payment received in excess of the prescribed entry fee will be treated as a donation to the event’s charity partner. Any refund, less 10% administration cost, will be made solely at the discretion of the Organisers. Entry fees will not be returned for withdrawal of entries after 10 August 2020. Any rejected entries will have their fees refunded.
- All entrants must supply a photograph of their vehicle with their entry form (a three-quarter view from the front like the example below is preferred). This must be of the vehicle as it will be presented on the day of the event. Additional photographs may be requested for scrutineering purposes.
- The decision of the Organisers on whether a vehicle is eligible or not shall be binding and final.
- No substitutions of vehicles will be allowed except under the following conditions: a) the substitute vehicle must conform with the requirements of the conditions of entry; b) the substitution shall be made with the knowledge and approval of the Organisers and may incur additional fees.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject or cancel an entry at any time and for any reason.
- Entry numbers must be displayed on the motor vehicles to which they have been assigned.
- Entrants will only be eligible to receive a plaque if they commence from the official start and complete the scheduled route to Birdwood on/in their motor vehicle and arrive at the Finish before 4.00 pm.
- By entering the event participants authorise the Organisers to photograph, film or reproduce in any medium the vehicles used in the event and their occupants. Entrants hereby acknowledge that the Organisers shall have the free and unrestricted right to use entrants’ names and/or such reproductions in the advertising and promotion of the event and future events.
- A NO ANIMALS policy will be enforced at the start and finish sites.
- Entrants conducting themselves in a dangerous manner or in a manner likely to bring the Bay to Birdwood event and its Organisers into disrepute shall be disqualified immediately.
- Towing of a caravan or boat is only permitted if it is of the period and approval is given by the Organisers.
- All motor vehicles must be substantial to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of an acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend or add to these Rules anytime.