This event is for original vehicles.
2021 Bay to Birdwood eligibility
Historic vehicles of all types built before 31 December 1991 are eligible to take part.
Bay to Birdwood rules
- All motor vehicles must be substantial to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of an acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Organisers.
Acceptable standard of quality
The event is open to a wide range of vehicles, from ‘barn finds’ to immaculate restorations, all vehicles are expected to be of a roadworthy state, in their state of registration. We encourage entrants to have their vehicles in showroom condition with allowances for both factory fitted and after-market modifications, provided they fit under the heading of Period Correct. This means that anything fitted to the vehicle, post its sale as a new vehicle, is expected to have been available to fit to the vehicle within five years of the date of manufacture. If you are aware that your vehicle has manufacturers options or aftermarket modification, of any type, we ask that you supply us with any supporting information that you wish to present to the scrutineering team, at the time of your entry application. We will work with you to resolve any issues, in the end the scrutineering team decision is final.
- The onus of proof of date of manufacture is the entrant’s responsibility. If required by the Organisers such proof must be substantiated and be supported by a Statutory Declaration. In the event of false information being supplied the vehicle and entrant will be disqualified from the event and all entry fees forfeited.
- All motor vehicles must be registered or on permit including trade plates.
- All motor vehicles must be driven/ridden by a licensed driver/rider who shall comply with the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1959, as amended.
- Trailering or towing of any entrant vehicle from the Start to the Finish will result in disqualification. In circumstances such as breakdown, it will be acceptable for the vehicle to be brought to the Finish but it will not be considered to have completed the Bay to Birdwood.
- All entrants will observe the current road laws and speed limits along the route, in particular, those rules referring to the correct carriage of passengers and the wearing of approved motorcycle safety helmets.
- Entrants and passengers are subject to the directions and control of the Organisers of the event, their agents and authorised officers.
- Entries are limited to 1500 vehicles. Should this number be reached at any time leading up to the event, entries will be closed.
- Payment of entry fees shall be made with a bank card at the commencement of the online registration process. Any payment received in excess of the prescribed entry fee will be treated as a donation to the event’s charity partner. Any refund, less 10% administration cost, will be made solely at the discretion of the Organisers. Entry fees will not be returned for withdrawal of entries after 9 August 2021. A total refund will be offered if entrants are unable to participate due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Any entries deemed by the scrutineering team to not be within the spirit of the event will be refunded in full. The decision of the Organisers on whether a vehicle is eligible or not shall be binding and final.
- If for any reason the event is cancelled entry fees will be refunded in full.
- Photographs and video footage of me, my passengers and vehicle may be taken by the event organisers and the general public and may be used for publicity and promotional purposes by the History Trust of South Australia and its partners and sponsors.
- All entrants must supply a photograph of their vehicle with their entry form (a three-quarter view from the front like the example below is preferred). This must be of the vehicle as it will be presented on the day of the event. Additional photographs may be requested for scrutineering purposes.
- No substitutions of vehicles will be allowed except under the following conditions: a) the substitute vehicle must conform with the requirements of the conditions of entry; b) the substitution shall be made with the knowledge and approval of the Organisers and may incur additional fees.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject or cancel an entry at any time and for any reason.
- Entry numbers must be displayed on the motor vehicles to which they have been assigned.
- Entrants will only be eligible to receive a plaque if they commence from the official start and complete the scheduled route to Birdwood on/in their motor vehicle and arrive at the Finish before 4.00 pm.
- A NO ANIMALS policy will be enforced at the Start and Finish sites.
- Entrants conducting themselves in a dangerous manner or in a manner likely to bring the Bay to Birdwood event and its Organisers into disrepute shall be disqualified immediately.
- Towing of a caravan or boat is only permitted if it is of the period and approval is given by the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend or add to these Rules anytime.
To process your entry we collect some personal and vehicle information on this form. This will be stored in a database and used to verify your eligibility to enter the event and to communicate with you. Details you provide (including your name, photograph(s) of your vehicle, make and model and your entry number) will also appear in our event program and on searchable published databases of Bay to Birdwood entrants. Photographs and video footage of me, my passengers and vehicle may be used for publicity and promotional purposes by the History Trust of South Australia and its partners and sponsors.
The information you provide may also be used to communicate with you regarding future events and/or provide information that we believe may be relevant to you.
- All motor vehicles must be substantially to manufacturers’ specifications, roadworthy and of acceptable standard of quality in the opinion of the Organisers.
- All entrants, drivers, riders and participants enter and participate in this Run solely at their own risk.
- The organisers, promoters and sponsors of this event, their agents and employees will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by or to any entrant owner, driver, rider or passenger through any circumstances.
- I understand that my details, including my name and a photograph and description of my vehicle, will be included in the event program and database of entries, which will be publicly available online.