Fashion is an integral part of the Bay to Birdwood. The 2023 Fashions on the Field competition is a way to celebrate the connection between fashion, motoring and personality. Participants are encouraged to take a step back in time and assemble outfits that blend personal flair, period detail and fun.
To correspond with the parade of entrant vehicles this year we will be celebrating periods of style from 1900 to 1993, from top hats to acid wash, go-go boots to shoulder pads, and everything in between.
The three award categories will be open for registration on the day, with a winner and runner-up announced for each:
- Best Female Fashion: for individuals wearing historically female fashion.
- Best Male Fashion: for individuals wearing historically male fashion.
- Best Group Fashion: for groups of two or more in coordinating fashion.
The Best Female Fashion and Best Male Fashion categories are open to anyone, irrespective of gender or identification. They are intended to frame historical conditions of dress and match the thematic tone of the event. Register for whatever competition you feel most comfortable in.
Contestants are not required to wear exclusively authentic historic / vintage pieces. Vintage-inspired clothing and accessories are also welcome.
For each category, contestants will participate in a fashion parade, with our expert judges evaluating each individual or group based on the following criteria:
- Accuracy: outfit reflects the historical style of a specific era from 1900-1993
- Style: outfit displays attention to detail and originality
- Presentation: contestant carries themselves with confidence
The contestants with the highest scores in each category will be announced as the winner.
Terms and conditions
- Winners and Runners Up will be chosen based on the criteria set out above. All Contestants acknowledge that they understand and agree to abide by the criteria in order to enter the competition.
- Contestant conduct during the competition is expected to be one of fun and must not bring disrepute to the event, the Organiser, the Sponsors, or the Judges.
- Clothing with inappropriate slogans, graphics or design will not be permitted. Contestants and/or their outfits are not permitted to promote commercially a brand, store or designer or receive a commercial benefit from appearing in the competition.
- Contestants must not in any way disparage or make derogatory comments in any form (whether verbally, electronically or otherwise) about the Promoter, any competition associated with the Fashions on the Field competition or other contestants at any time.
- Contestants must not receive any payment or benefit from a third party (including any commercial enterprise) for entering, participating or otherwise in connection with this Competition.
- If a Contestant is in breach of any of these terms and conditions, the Organiser may (at its absolute discretion) disqualify the Contestant from the competition.
- The decision decided by the number of votes is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should there be more than one Contestant with the same winning points score the Judges’ decision is final. In the event there are only two Contestants with the highest score, the Judges’ will announce one Contestant as the winner and the 2nd Contestant as the runner up.
- All Winners and Runners Up will be notified on the day.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Winners must collect their prize/s on the day in which it was won, or arrange for collection from the National Motor Museum (Shannon St, Birdwood SA 5234). Collection must take place within 7 working days. Failure to collect prizing within 7 working days will result in the winner forfeiting the prize/s.
- Contestants agree that their competition photos may be used on promotional materials at any time in the future.