In 2021 the Bay to Birdwood will follow the traditional route via Greenhill Road from Anzac Highway, which provides smooth passage for vehicles as well as a scenic route through the Adelaide Hills along the Torrens Valley Road. Below is the 2020 route map.
For a downloadable pdf of the route please click here.
The roads travelled are
- Start – Barratt Reserve, West Beach
- Turn right onto West Beach Road
- Turn right onto Tapley’s Hill Road
- Turn left onto Anzac Highway
- Turn right onto Greenhill Road
- Turn left at Fullarton Road
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto Dequetteville Terrace
- Keep right to stay on Dequetteville Terrace
- Turn right onto Mann Road
- Continue straight onto Northcote Terrace
- Continue straight onto North East Road
- Continue along Torrens Valley Road
- Finish – National Motor Museum, Birdwood
Travel advice for road users on Sunday 26 September 2021
Adelaide roads will be busy on Sunday 26 September when the Bay to Birdwood gets underway. From between 8.00 am and 11.00 am, 1600+ historic vehicles will be leaving Barratt Reserve, West Beach and making their way along a 72 km route to Birdwood. Roads that will be impacted by the event at various times throughout the morning include: West Beach Rd, Tapleys Hill Rd, Anzac Hwy, Greenhill Rd, Fullarton Rd, Dequetteville Tce, Hackney Rd, Mann Rd, Northcote Tce and North East Rd (which becomes Torrens Valley Rd all the way to Birdwood). The following roads will be closed to non-Bay to Birdwood entrant traffic: between 5.30 am and 11.00 am West Beach Rd at West Beach between Tapleys Hill Rd and Military Rd. Church Street, Birdwood from Warren Rd to the National Motor Museum will be closed to west bound traffic between 9.30 am and 1.30 pm. Wegener Rd, Birdwood from Church St to Shannon St will be closed to north bound traffic between 9.30 am and 1.30 pm. From 8.30 am to approximately midday, City bound traffic using North East Rd will be redirected to use Lower North East Rd.