Planning on watching this year’s Bay to Birdwood?
The 2020 Bay to Birdwood will be presented as a COVIDSafe Event in compliance with our COVID Management Plan.
As a result, the start event at West Beach and the finish event in Birdwood will be closed to the public. The National Motor Museum will be closed to the public until 2.00pm.
The parade of historic motoring will proceed along a 72 kilometre route, from Barratt Reserve to the National Motor Museum at Birdwood.
We are celebrating the 40th anniversary in a unique way this year by giving the Bay to Birdwood the widest audience it has ever had – and providing a COVIDSafe alternative to gathering en masse along the route.
The parade will be live streamed from 8.30am ACST and is accessible from anywhere in the world via our digital platforms, so you can watch it from the safety and comfort of your own home. Visit our Live Stream page for more details.
If you are planning to watch the parade of historic motoring along the event route, please remember the following:
• Observe and maintain physical distancing (at least 1.5 metres) from others.
• Watch the passing parade from within your vehicle if possible.
• Follow the directions of SA Police or any other authorised persons.
• Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses.
• Practice regular hand hygiene.
• Practice good sneeze and cough hygiene.
• Be mindful of others wanting to watch the parade.
• Take your rubbish with you when you leave.